Today, Digital Democracy announced the Earth Defenders’ Toolkit (ED Toolkit), a collection of open-source tools and training materials for communities on the frontlines of the struggle to defend critical ecosystems around the world.
The ED Toolkit is a collection of tools and training materials for communities on the frontlines of the struggle to defend the world’s forests and critical ecosystems. The Toolkit will contain mapping, monitoring and digital-storytelling tools that can be used by communities to:
- Document & understand rapid changes & threats to territory
- Create maps to communicate history & connection to land
- Document human rights & environmental abuses
- Reinforce local advocacy with concrete evidence
- Tell their story to the world
In the coming months, the ED Toolkit will be developing training materials and modules for hands-on usage of Terrastories and the other tools, in co-creation with partner organizations and communities. We are delighted to be contributing to the ED Toolkit and look forward to exploring to learning how we can build Terrastories to better suit local and frontline communities across the globe! 🌏